If you missed last night’s premiere of A-List: New York, then you can catch up with our live blog. Or you can read any of the show’s (mostly scathing) reviews, which inevitably turn into discussions about how far gays have come on TV. Or you can just cut through the noise and go home with this takeaway, which was written with straight girls in mind.
• To gay guys, “dated” can mean “kissed,” “slept with,” “hooked up,” or “eye fucked from across the room.”
• Being tanorexic is not the same as addicted to spray tanning. Tanorexics actually put their health at risk. Not you, Derek.
• Dropping your swimsuit in a hot tub is not an eyebrow raising moment. It’s how gay men greet each other.
• “Fat” means 20 pounds overweight. “Chubby” is 3 pounds.
• Being on A-List is not the same thing as being an A-Gay. By definition, A-Gays don’t do reality TV; they might, however, do HSN.
• They’re just as vain and self-obsessed as you, bitches.