THE VERDICT IS IN
Judge Col. Denise Lind has issued her verdict on the myriad charges facing PFC Bradley Manning, the soldier charged with leaking classified military information to the website WikiLeaks. The verdicts as are follows:
- For the charge of “aiding the enemy” PFC Manning is found NOT GUILTY.
- For violation of the Espionage Act, PFC Manning is found NOT GUILTY.
- PFC Manning is found GUILTY of six lesser Espionage Act offenses.
- PFC Manning is found GUILTY of four embezzlement of government property offenses.
- PFC Manning is found GUILTY of wantonly causing to be published intelligence on the Internet.
- PFC Manning is found GUILTY to his lesser plea for the release of the “Collateral Murder” video.
- PFC Manning is found GUILTY of database and espionage charges relating to the release and misuse of documents in the Iraq War logs database.
PFC Manning faces a maximum of 136 years in prison for the charges that he was found guilty of, and sentencing begins at 9:30 AM EST tomorrow morning. Queerty will have more details on PFC Manning’s sentencing in the coming days.