@whiskeyclone: “taxation is theft…and don’t even start with the ‘who will build the roads’ bullshit”
Yeah! Because logical arguments are stupid!
Seriously dude, if you do not like paying taxes
– Don’t drive on paved streets or highways.
– Don’t call 911.
– Don’t flush your toilet.
– Don’t bring your garbage to the curb.
– Don’t fly in an airplane that uses air-traffic controllers.
– Don’t use the court system.
– Don’t call the police when you get robbed.
– Don’t use the US Post Office, send all your letters via FedEx or UPS.
– Don’t ask for a farm subsidy for not growing crops.
– Don’t ask for a taxpayer subsidy to do business in a city or state.
– Don’t buy a sports franchise and ask the taxpayers to build your stadium.
– Don’t send your children to public schools.
– Don’t attend a state university.
– Don’t expect a social security payment.
– Don’t let Medicare pay your bills if you are over 65 or disabled.
– Don’t look for a government contract to bolster your defense industry business.
– Don’t look for a government.
– Don’t look for a lucrative government consultant contract.
– Don’t run for political office where your salary is paid for by the
– Don’t accept government research findings that subsidize research for your industry.
– Don’t be an airline and expect the government to bail you out.
– Don’t be a car company and expect the government to bail you out.
– Don’t be a steel company and expect the government to bail you out.
– Don’t be a company that pollutes and expect the taxpayer to bail you out.
– Don’t climb to the top of the Washington Monument, which is maintained at taxpayer expense.
– Don’t make use of police services.
– Don’t be rescued by fire department paramedic team.
– Don’t call the fire department.
– Don’t expect federal assistance if a natural disaster destroys your home or business.
– Don’t expect the military to defend your country.
Contributed by BuzzFlash Readers:
– Don’t visit national parks or hike in national forests.
– Don’t eat USDA inspected meat, cheese, eggs or produce.
– Don’t take any medications tested and approved by the FDA.
– Don’t drink, bath or otherwise use the water from municipal water systems.
– Don’t look at or relay a weather report.
– Don’t look at a NASA generated picture.
– Don’t expect a unit of measure like a gallon of gas to be a full gallon.
– Don’t expect an elevator to work correctly or not fall.
– Don’t expect a red light to work.
– Don’t be the Minority Senate Leader Named Trent Lott and expect American taxpayers to subsidize the building of private industry cruiseliner ships in your home state.
– Don’t accept government money to help develop a product which you then personally patent or copyright and sell for your own profit.
– Don’t use the services of a doctor who is licensed through the state.
– Don’t expect research into medical problems such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, aging, prostrate, menopause, etc.
– Don’t use the public library.
– Don’t go to a state university affiliated hospital.
– Don’t go to a state university.
– Don’t watch state college sports.
– Don’t apply for government grants.
– Don’t use your state’s convention centers.
– Don’t go to a state, city or municipal-run airport.
– Don’t ask for rural electrification.
– Don’t ask for FEC regulations that protect us from crooked financial planners.
– Don’t ask to keep the airwaves free so your right-wing psycho radio talk show host can lie to you.
– Don’t ask for a business loan from the small business administration.
– Don’t ask to use the G.I. bill to go to college.
– Don’t allow Al Gore to sponsor legislation to turn a military computer network (DARPANet/ARPANet) into the public-accessed “Internet.”
– Don’t drive a car that benefits from government safety regulations.
– Don’t use electricity generated by TVA or some government-owned and maintained dam or facility.
– Don’t use currency printed by the US Treasury.
– Don’t use a bank or credit union that insures your deposits through the FDIC.
– Don’t buy or build a house that requires the efforts of county deed offices or needs building permits and inspections.
– Don’t get married, have children or die and expect the government to keep track of all the certificates.
– Don’t expect the government to keep an eye on cemeteries, crematories and funeral homes so you won’t get dug up and thrown in a swamp. And ask George Bush why he lied about his involvement with a company that did just that.
– Don’t run for an elected office, because the local, state and federal election commissions could be involved.
– Don’t go to a beach kept clean by the state.
– Don’t use public transportation.
– Don’t visit public museums.
– Don’t go hunting, fishing, or camping on government property.
– Don’t cross a bridge.
– Don’t use truckstops or public restrooms.
June 24, 2002 Updates
– Don’t expect the government to protect the copyright for the works
– Don’t move to any other developed nation, because the taxes are higher in all
the others, except South Africa.
– Don’t expect your tap water to be clean and germ free.
– Don’t expect there to be much wildlife left other than rats.
– Don’t use wood or eat meat grown on Forest Service or BLM land.
– Don’t eat any food transported on roads.
– Don’t eat any vegetables in winter, ’cause they’re mostly grown with “reclaimed” water.
– Don’t expect any workplace safety standards, labor laws, or minimum wage.
– Don’t use any gasoline, oil, or natural gas that was discovered by the USGS.
– Don’t live in New Orleans, Sacramento or any other city protected by a levee.
– Don’t expect zoning laws.
– Don’t expect clean air, clean water, clean soil, etc.
– Don’t expect highway signs.
– Don’t expect laws against murder, theft, etc. (the govt. DEFINES crime).
– Don’t expect to OWN anything, like your house, car, etc. (the govt. keeps track
– Don’t expect anyone to plow your roads when it snows or sweep them when they’re dirty.
– Don’t expect the government to regulate industries that have monopolies and use that power to raise your rates for reduced service and product quality.
– Don’t expect the government to keep gasoline rates low, compared to the rest of the world.
– Don’t expect convicted criminals to be in prison and off your street.
– Don’t expect the local government to condemn private property at below market rates so that your major league baseball franchise can build a stadium on the land and make millions of dollars in profit while leaving the taxpayers to foot the bill when the courts order the government to pay the property owners a fair price.
July 26, 2002 Updates
– Don’t expect to receive a cheap land lease on Federal lands, then mine or cut the forest for your profit with no repayment to the landlord (we the people).
– Don’t expect to have uniform building codes.
– Don’t expect to go to buildings and high rises that have been reviewed and inspected during construction to ensure it was built to current building codes.
– Don’t expect to eat in restaurants that have been inspected to ensure cleanliness and the safe preparation of food.
– Don’t expect your children to be able to ride the bus to school.
– Don’t try to adopt a child through your county or state government.
– Don’t expect the state or county to pay foster parents to take care of the children left abandoned or orphaned.
– Don’t expect the state or county to investigate and/or remove children from neglectful or abusive homes.
– Don’t visit the Smithsonian.
– Don’t write any material to be published and copyright it.
– Don’t go to your book store and try to find a book by its ISBN number.
– Don’t expect the government to stop the auto companies from building SUVs that roll over and kill your wife and kids.
– Don’t expect the court to appoint a taxpayer-paid attorney to represent you (or your child) when you are accused of a crime.
– Don’t call or go to the US Embassy in a foreign country when you get in trouble.
– Don’t get a passport or try to get out of the US without a Passport.
– Don’t expect to enjoy the benefits of the most stable regime in the world.
And finally . . .
– Don’t complain to us about how much you pay in taxes because we think taxes can be a good thing and WE DON’T WANT TO HEAR YOUR WHINING ANYMORE!