ON OUR GAYDAR — News, notes, clicks, and quips from around the web.
• Andrew Sullivan is raging against White House Communications Director Anita Dunn, giving him an opportunity to name drop Hitler.
• We knew Dorothy, Blanche, Rose, and Sophia were responsible for turning this nation gay.
• Sacramento’s John Marcotte, who’s angling to ban divorce in California, on “the opposition”: “The opposition will always be there. The secular progressives, gays and MSNBC hosts — but we beat them once with Prop 8 and we’ll beat them again. If people are thinking about getting a divorce, just remember “Hell is eternal, just like your marriage was supposed to be.” Jesus still loves you if you get divorced, just not as much as before.”
• The marketing and advertising firms profiting from rights rape in Washington and Maine.
• One-time HX listings editor John Russell’s only regret about writing publicly about his sex life for New York magazine? “I am just sorry that it was over Thanksgiving, which made it less fun than it could have been. There’s less material when you’re visiting the parents!”
• Well, Matt Damon, aren’t you looking beefy.
• Gays love True Blood because it’s in our blood. Get it?
• Sober memoirist Augusten Burroughs is teaming with Ashton Kutcher for a CBS drama and Showtime comedy based on Dry.