ON OUR GAYDAR — News, notes, clicks, and quips from around the web.
• Thirty-year-olds Irina Shipitko and Irina Fedotova-Fet, the Russian couple denied a marriage license in Moscow, is in Toronto securing a license there and plans to fly home on Tuesday and have their international paperwork recognized. And if not? They’ll file a complaint with the European Human Rights Commission.
• Christian Bale’s muse to play Patrick Bateman in American Psycho? Tom Cruise. Says director Mary Harron: “It was definitely a process. We talked a lot, but he was in L.A. and I was in New York. We didn’t actually meet in person a lot, just talked on the phone. We talked about how Martian-like Patrick Bateman was, how he was looking at the world like somebody from another planet, watching what people did and trying to work out the right way to behave. And then one day he called me and he had been watching Tom Cruise on David Letterman, and he just had this very intense friendliness with nothing behind the eyes, and he was really taken with this energy.”
• Morehouse College’s real problem isn’t cross-dressing men. It’s that queers have never been included in the school’s “images of strong black men.”
• Who’s ready to create new signs and buy a new pair of kicks to march on Washington … again? ‘Cause Michelangelo Signorile is calling for one.
• As if Glee couldn’t get gayer, it’s doing this.
• The Capitol Crossroads Gay Rodeo Association held a naked dance party outside Sacramento, and the neighbors weren’t happy about it.
• Tuesday marks the 17th anniversary of Canada killing its own DADT policy. And the world didn’t end!
• Stand For Marriage Maine’s new ad has fun creepy music.
• We just heard Welcome to the Dollhouse‘s Heather Matarazzo will be playing Jessica Simpson in Fat Girls director Ash Christian’s new flick Mangus!.
• New York’s gays threaten state senators with the possibility of finding other “friends” who will give ‘em marriage right faster.
• Michael Musto totally got dissed in Miami.
(Photo Vince Talotta/Toronto Star)