ON OUR GAYDAR — News, notes, clicks, and quips from around the web.
• You can rail against Obama all you want, but where’s the criticism of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid? (The National Republican Congressional Committee is, however, criticizing Pelosi … by invoking Hitler’s name.)
• A (mostly) Muslim soccer team in France will play an all-gay team after all. There just simply a “misunderstanding.”
• Maine’s gay marriage advocates pull ahead in voter polls.
• David Burk, the Illinois teacher who made the “black faggot” comment to his class? He’s been issued a “warning.”
• Activist Peter Tatchell is furious that after meeting with homophobic reggae artist Buju Banton, San Francisco’s activists (including Michael Petrelis) gave the all-clear for one of his concerts to go ahead last night. Others were upset too: A small protest was held outside the concert. And then: Someone sprayed pepper gas at the show.
• GOP chief Michael Steele’s blog is losing the sexy title “What Up?”
• Gay British man beaten to death in Trafalgar Square.
• Michael Musto applauds out celebs.