@Cam: Thanks, Cam.
1. Embrace accountability for all tactics, strategies and organizations.
2. Figure out how to win. Clearly, having the majority of our fellow citizens joining us and standing for equality would WIN.
3. Enroll fellow citizens by ASKING them to join us and to support our full equality. Two-thirds of Americans support equality.
4. Create a mechanism for determining what percentage of Americans support our equality for all 50 States, recognizing that some States (11 of them) will not have majority support for LGBT equality, yet.
5. Make contributions to the cultural conversation that create a better understanding of the LGBT Community AND inspire people to support us.
Some of this has already begun.
I am still encouraging anyone that has a commitment to our movement to provide ideas and tactics that accomplish 1-5 above.
We must honestly and objectively analyze our tactics, methods, strategies and organizations. If GetEqual’s publicity stunts are helpful, they have a responsibility to explain “how.” We need people to join us – complaining doesn’t work.