Queerty is better as a member

Back to the post

Glenn Greenwald’s Same-Sex Partner David Miranda Detained By British Authorities

2013-08-19T093323Z_01_RJO06_RTRIDSP_3_BRITAIN-SNOWDEN-MIRANDA

Back to the post
By:           Chris Bull
On:           Aug 19, 2013
Tagged:
  • 8 Comments
      2eo

My countries government is absolutely in bed with America, it is a clear act of intimidation by my country, and it shows up how terrified they are.

Keep it up, you’re all heroes to every good person left on this planet.

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:35 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
      Kieran

I suppose Miranda should be grateful the British only confiscated his cell phone and laptop and didn’t pack him off to the Guantanomo prison camp for further interogation.

But can we get back to some really important news now?

The BBC and CNN are reporting exclusively that His Royal Highness Prince William is enjoying fatherhood immensely.

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:53 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
      Polaro

Disturbing, if true.

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:03 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
      DistingueTraces

Okay, I was very distressed about this story when I first read about it a couple of days ago, and everyone who cares at all about liberty should take it very seriously.

However.

I’ve read quite a few updates since then, but this is the first time I’ve seen an accompanying photo showing David Miranda, the partner in question. And having now seen him I can only say:

Glenn. Get it, gurl!

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:38 am · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
      jeff4justice

Let’s hope Obama’s NDAA does not detain them.

Fuck the 2-party system charade.

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:33 am · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
      Geoff B

Without taking sides on this issue, I have to remark how interesting it is that the far right Tea Partiers and the far left actually found something to agree on. Having said that, I do find it odd this is such a shock to anyone. I figured this was common knowledge since the birth of the Patriot Act. Why this outrage about Snowden now? This has probably been going on for over a decade not only here, but all over Europe as we’ll.

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:15 am · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
      the other Greg

I’m embarrassed to say I had no idea Greenwald was gay! – don’t recall him ever writing about it in Salon or the Guardian (maybe I missed it), and the few times I’ve seen him on TV my gaydar didn’t particularly ping (hm, maybe I’m slipping). He is a great man, and likely doing something fairly dangerous as we can see from this pitiful incident.

At least this reminds me to BOOKMARK the Guardian site and try to keep up more with the *real* news. Anyone who’s unfamiliar with him, check out his writing.

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:16 am · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
      2eo

@the other Greg: Good man, I don’t know if you’ve been following the news over here, but it’s being completely glossed over by every single outlet except the Guardian.

Sadly even the BBC are have fallen completely into the Tory lines, terrified of cuts. Becoming yet another right wing media tool.

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:00 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·