• PlanetOut-owned Men magazine named abdominally-bless Johnny Castle as their “Man of The Year”. On a somewhat related note, Matt Damon won People magazine’s Sexiest Man top slot. Note that the gays have far more flare – and flesh. [See a NSFW shot of Castle, after the jump. And be sure to check out the magazine’s new blog.]
• Iranian Chief Justice halts “gay” execution, calls sentence violation of Islamic teachings:
The International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC) has learned that the Iranian Chief Justice, Ayatollah Seyed Mahmoud Hashemi Shahrudi, has nullified the impending death sentence of Mr. Makvan Mouloodzadeh, a 21-year old Iranian citizen found guilty of multiple counts of anal rape (ighab), allegedly committed when he was 13 years old. The Iranian Chief Justice described the death sentence to be in violation of Islamic teachings, the religious decrees of high-ranking Shiite clerics, and the law of the land.
For the record, no one accused the man of rape.
• Christmas Village of the Damned!
• Thom Browne’s no lesbian.
• Amazon.com gets gay with Love and Pride jewelry, the same company for which Reichen shills.
• Russell Simmons fights animal cruelty. Awwwww…
• Straight man names “Five Albums That Almost Made You Gay”. First up: Dan Fogelberg’s Nether Lands.
• London’s gay former deputy police commissioner Brian Paddick running for mayor.
• Toledo gets gay registry.
• Marvel opens digital comic archive to fans. Fans thank Marvel by crashing site.
• Four infected organs transplant HIV in Chicago.