• Jossip hit up The Atlantic‘s 150th anniversary bash/voyeuristic adventure. Watch for special appearances from Moby, Andrew Sullivan, Patti Smith and some other familiar faces.
• Who’s your favorite fictional gay?
• Philadelphia may not be as brotherly as some would like to believe: neighbors allegedly harassed gay couple for three years. Says one of the gay duo:
They left [a phallic-shaped steel rod] on our doorstep. [It means] we’ll stick it up to you. You better leave or we’re going to stick it to you. They put ‘gay faggot (expletive)’ on the window. I’m embarrassed, I am stressed, depressed and afraid.
Who knew a steel phallus could cause so much psychological damage?
• Carol Anne Gotbaum died of “accidental strangulation” while in police custody.
• Clay Cane joins AOL’s super black team, talks about Barack Obama’s anti-gay gospel gaffe.
• Meanwhile: no blacks for Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney’s respective campaign staffs.
• Trans Advocate reflects on ENDA.
• Chris Crain on why we should cut Richard Curtis some slack (not slacks).