• Focus on the Family, Southern Baptist Convention and other conservative groups (pictured above) are already pleading their case to the American Psychological Association, which will be conferring on reparative therapy. The groups penned a letter reading, “We believe that psychologists should assist clients to develop lives that they value, even if that means they decline to identify as homosexual.” These people have some fucked up value systems.
• Budapest Mayor Gabor Demszky thinks anti-pride homophobes are “”intolerant, primitive and cowardly.” Word up. Oh, and his party, The Alliance of Free Democrats (SZDSZ), want a parliamentary coalition against homophobia. Double word up.
• L’Oreal-owned Garnier plays hair politics. And pay fine for playing said hair politics.
• Debbie Harry‘s “people” just sent out the Blondie-singer’s new single, “Two Times Blue” from her forthcoming solo, Necessary Evil.
• PlanetOut Inc’s financial woes ain’t over yet:
Shares of PlanetOut Inc. fell Monday after the company said it must take a $24.9 million noncash impairment charge on its goodwill and other intangible assets.
Shares in the media company, which serves the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community, fell 16 cents, or 8.6 percent, to $1.69 in afternoon trading.
As of this writing, the company’s stock is valued at $1.90, down .05 from today’s high of $1.95.
…Bill Richardson, who has been aggressively courting gay money and votes, freely used the Spanish equivalent of “faggot” while on shock jock Don Imus’ (former) show. This is incredibly disappointing to me.
Of course you are, Hudson, of course you are…
• 56% of Israeli nationals think gay pension rights are “good or necessary”, according to a recent poll. Sounds great, but it’s really a conflation of three categories: “very good” (23%), “Somewhat good (22%)” and “Not good, but necessary” (11%). 36%, meanwhile, think they’re categorically “Not good”.
• TMZ’s right – Courtney Love does look like a trannie. Even more so than Alexis Arquette.