• National Gay and Lesbian Task Force executive director Matt Foreman has some harsh words for Democratic presidential contenders:
We find no evidence that the Democratic frontrunners counter Republicansâ€™ anti-LGBT speech with routine and positive inclusion of LGBT people in their visions for a whole and healthy society… The Democrats include us â€” sorta â€” but only in response to a direct question and typically in the language of careful legislative reform.
• Jim McGreevey and soon-to-be ex-wife Dina Matos McGreevey make another court appearance. Judge urges them to settle and stop wasting time/money. And, for some reason, Mato-McGreevey thinks she’s entitled to $56,000 a month in alimony. Was her book really that much of a bomb?
• Venice film festival gets gay with Queer Lion Award.
• Gay Episcopal Bishop Gene Robinson hopes he’s invited to Anglican Communion, confident church can avoid schism: “Itâ€™s not over. I have great hopes that a way can be found for me to be present and for the most conservative provinces of the Communion to be present.”
• HRC president Joe Solmonese, meanwhile, remains confident Congress will pass Hate Crime legislation.
• Reichen and boyfriend Ryan Berry attend Out Lounge two weeks ago. TMZ writes about it today.