• In case you didn’t know, Siegfried and Roy are gay.
They just never came out. Las Vegas magicians Siegfried & Roy are coming out of the closet in a highly anticipated autobiography soon to be released. It may not come as a big surprise to most people that the two performers are gay but it will be the first time they admit to this officially.
According to details from the upcoming book leaked to the National Enquirer, Siegfried and Roy [were] once very much in love but have since transformed their relationship into a working partnership and a deep friendship.
Now that that’s out of the way, we can all go on living our lives.
• Michael Lucas interviews the controversial “artist/activist”, Charles Merrill. The interview’s not as hateful as we imagined – don’t get us wrong, it’s hateful, just not to such a jaw-dropping degree. It is, however, as idiotic as we imagined. Lucas describes Merrill: “A self-made millionaire (he co-founded Merrill-Lynch), he moved among high-society during the years of his marriage.” Actually, Charles Merill didn’t co-found Merrill-Lynch. He’s the cousin of Merrill-Lynch’s co-founder of the same name. But, whatever…
• Homophobes get creative with video game dedicated to avoiding gay people. How clever!
• Ugandan government continues to deny gays their rights.
• What kind of sick, deranged individual allows their child to play with Paris Hilton?
• Britney Spears planning VMA comeback? That girl needs more than the VMA’s. She needs a hit single. And a prayer.
• Republican presidential hopeful Fred Thompson not down with gay marriage:
[If elected, he] would push for a constitutional amendment that protects states from being forced to honor gay marriages performed in other states.
â€œI donâ€™t think that one state ought to be able to pass a law requiring gay marriage or allowing gay marriage and have another state be required to follow along,â€ on gay marriage: I donâ€™t think that one state ought to be able to pass a law requiring gay marriage or allowing gay marriage and have another state be required to follow along.”
• Gay marriage fight makes moves in California.
• Huffington Post’s RJ Eskow on Bill O’Reilly.