• We’re not sure what’s funnier – the fact that a bird took a shit on President Bush or that ABC News actually used the word “poop”.
• HX Media’s Boston rag, In Newsweekly., found itself in the papers this week when associate publisher Bill Berggren‘s criminal past came back to haunt him. It seems Berggren has been arrested for a number of incidents and some questioned his role as leader for Boston’s Pride Committee. Rather than cause a stink, Berggren stepped down voluntarily. And Berggren ain’t the only one on Innews‘ stepping down. From Boston’s Weekly Dig:
In the last few weeks, their masthead has gotten a lot lighter in its loafersâ€”editor James Lopata has left the building, as have distributor Thomas Kilduff and associate editor Alexander Sliwinski… We hear grumbling in the streets, too, that their freelancers havenâ€™t been paid in eons.
The blurb goes on to suggest euthanasia. Ouch.
• You know what would help the African continent’s millions of AIDS patients? Doctors. Too bad there’s a shortage.
• Jenny Bailey can now call herself the United Kingdom’s first trannie mayor, thus crushing our life long dreams…
• South African hooker outs celebrities, media refuses to pass names along.
• Mitt Romney doesn’t hate gays:
I oppose discrimination against gay people. I am not anti-gay. I know there are some Republicans, or some people in the country who are looking for someone who is anti-gay and thatâ€™s not me.
Wait, isn’t trying to stomp gay marriage discriminatory?