ON OUR GAYDAR — News, notes, clicks, and quips from around the web.
• Bradley LaShawn Fowler launches third lawsuit against a Bible publisher, claiming its message to gays is mean and stuff.
• Gays can now legally adopt in Uruguay. In Florida? No.
• Serbia’s gay film festival canceled because of violence threats. Filmmaker Bruce LaBruce: “I am disheartened but I cannot say surprised that Merlinka, the first ever gay art/film festival to be held in Belgrade… has been postponed owing to the threat of homophobic violence, presumably from extreme right-wing elements/neo-Nazi skinheads.”
• The downside of Lebanon’s gay sexual revolution? HIV on the (ridiculously high) rise. Ways to fight it: Handing out condoms, outdoor graffiti warning against barebacking.
• Drag queen Donna Sachet will sing the national anthem for … who else: the San Francisco Giants.