Community Marketing, Inc released its latest LGBT community survey, which culled some pretty interesting data from 14,000 respondents across America. A few queer morsels to ponder:
* 77% of gay men and 84% of lesbians plan to vote for Barack Obama, while 76% of bisexual and 80% of transgender respondents plan to.
* 82% of lesbians and 91% of gay men own “smartphones,” up 23% from 2011. The most popular smartphone is iPhone (with Android phones quickly gaining ground), and the most popular tablet is iPad.
* Gay men drink a third the amount of beer as heterosexual men, but drink 50% more cocktails. Lesbians consume similar amounts of alcoholic beverages as straight women.
* Half of gay men under age 30 have a gym membership.
* The term “LGBT” is preferred to describe the community by gay men—and nobody likes the alphabet-soup grouping LGBTQQIA.
Well, we could’ve told you that last one.
Read the whole LGBT Community Survey.