Queerty is better as a member

Log in | Register

The Onion Explains Why Prop 8 Passed

By:           Japhy Grant
On:           Nov 18, 2008
Tagged: ,
  • 15 Comments
    • Othniel
      Othniel

      It is good to laugh.

      Nov 18, 2008 at 6:53 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • Charles J. Mueller
      Charles J. Mueller

      Was anyone in that last percentile Jewish, by any chance?

      Oy veh! Soch a schlameel, that Marvin. ;-)

      Nov 18, 2008 at 6:59 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • The Gay Numbers
      The Gay Numbers

      :)

      Nov 18, 2008 at 7:45 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • Tim
      Tim

      I hate to quibble with the Onion but I think that 4% is far too low a number.

      Nov 18, 2008 at 7:50 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • Jerald
      Jerald

      Prop 8 passed because the people of California believes that marriage is between one man and one woman for life! All the other “reasons” are irrelevant!

      Nov 18, 2008 at 8:55 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • jon
      jon

      does Jerald even know what the Onion is?

      Nov 18, 2008 at 11:17 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • Tim
      Tim

      @jon: I doubt he even noticed the percentages add up to just above 50%

      Nov 18, 2008 at 11:23 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • The Gay Numbers
      The Gay Numbers [Different person #1 using similar name]

      @Jerald: Don’t listen to the others. You are really special. Would you like to come over for a six pack of beer?

      Nov 18, 2008 at 11:32 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • addy
      addy

      HAHA, it’s idiots like Jerald who are too stupid to recognize satire that passed prop 8.

      Funny post though. Definitely made me chuckle.

      Nov 19, 2008 at 3:24 am · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • Sam
      Sam

      Is that Jerald holding up the sign in the picture?

      Nov 19, 2008 at 11:23 am · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • Rigato
      Rigato

      Ok…now for the other 50%

      10% – Non-gay actors still angry over those pesky rumors

      4%- Dead people/criminals

      26%- Latinos who couldn’t translate the document but were told it meant deportation

      5%- Masochists

      5%- Meth-addicted Priests

      Nov 19, 2008 at 11:36 am · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • M.Shane
      M.Shane

      The Onion is usually about as accurate as anything else relative to it making sense. Good read for the spirit.
      Juding from all the B.S. coming from the bimbos screaming about their “rights to object” to gay marriage,or Jerald, this is far more moving sense wise.

      Nov 19, 2008 at 4:58 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • Phoenix (Rainbow Warrior Sharpening the Guillotine Blade of Revolution)
      Phoenix (Rainbow Warrior Sharpening the Guillotine Blade of Revolution)

      It should be:

      17% “Love and Support their son Frederick but don’t want him to marry that good-for-nothing Manuel”

      .001% “Vote YES on everything”

      Most people if they don’t know what a prop is about vote ‘NO’ in case ‘YES’ will raise their taxes.

      Nov 19, 2008 at 8:51 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • cris
      cris

      Let’s not forget the 70% of black voters in California that voted FOR Prop 8. Talk about bigotry!

      Nov 20, 2008 at 11:09 am · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • RCDC
      RCDC

      psssst… guys, it’s only supposed to add up to 52%. the other 48% voted no, remember?

      Nov 20, 2008 at 8:03 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·

    Add your Comment

    Please log in to add your comment

    Need an account? Register It's free and easy.



  • QUEERTY DAILY

     


    POPULAR ON QUEERTY


    FROM AROUND THE WEB

    Copyright 2014 Queerty, Inc.
    Follow Queerty at Queerty.com, twitter.com/queerty and facebook.com/queerty.