Want to help create our modern take on LGBT media? Queerty and our sister company GayCities are hiring. We’re looking for a full-time Marketing & Sales Programs Associate based in San Francisco and a few contract designers who can be based anywhere. If you fit one of the roles described below, send a cover letter to jobs AT gaycities DOT com
Contract Web UI & Graphic Designers
We’re looking for a few exceptional designers to take on small design projects on an hourly fee basis. The projects vary widely but mostly fall into three categories:
- banner ad design for internal & cobranded campaigns,
- microsite design for custom promotions (recent examples: Coors Coldest, Best of GayCities, Our New Normal)
- print design for marketing flyers, postcards and posters
We need people who have availability on a regular basis and can turn around projects quickly, professionally and with super high quality. If you excel at one of more of these areas, please send a cover letter, hourly rate and link to design portfolio to jobs AT gaycities DOT com.
Marketing & Sales Associate (Based in San Francisco GayCities Office)
Our sales & marketing efforts are growing and we’re looking for a focused, professional, organized person with a strong customer service orientation to join the team. The job is a full-time salaried position with health benefits and two weeks of annual vacation. The position is based in our San Francisco office.
In the role, you’ll wear a few hats:
- Sales & Marketing Programs Communications
- Work with the team to distill the key elements of sales programs into useful and clear sales collateral
- Produce professional media sales proposals using Powerpoint/Keynote
- Produce “one-?sheets” and other sales collateral using Keynote or Pages
- Project Manage and be responsible for organizing the successful execution of
advertising & marketing programs
- Own the overall project calendar for all advertising & marketing programs
- Assist in the coordination of successful marketing events.
- Manage enhanced listings order process & customer lists
- Work with event partners, ensuring all line items of joint contracts are
- Support our sales team
- help them effectively sell digital/mobile advertising
- Research and call potential customers to gather information and make them aware of GayCities & Queerty
- Facilitate new sales inquiries and deliver sales materials (media kits, sell sheets) as necessary
- Manage client/prospect advertising lists
- Manage and organize sales orders, invoices and collateral documents on our
The ideal candidate is:
- Able to learn and demonstrate a solid working knowledge of digital advertising
products and processes
- Self?directed and able to complete tasks in a timely and professional manner
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Organized and able to juggle multiple concurrent projects
- A good communicator with excellent written and verbal skills; able to interact
professionally with potential clients
- Detail?oriented and accurate
- Proficient on the web and in Word, and Excel with advanced level Powerpoint skills.
- Experience using DFP and Photoshop preferred.
If this sounds like you, send a cover letter and resume to jobs AT gaycities DOT com