Image Credit: Andrew H. Walker
Are you a superfan of RuPaul’s Drag Race? Do you find yourself yelling and screaming at the TV when your favorite queen sashays away? Have you seen Drag Race queens at bars more times in the last year than you’ve seen your grandparents? At what point did you realize your addiction?
Here are 10 signs that you might be addicted to RuPaul’s Drag Race. Leave a comment at the end of this article and tell us how many of these 10 apply to you!
1. Your only thought during the week is: “Why can’t it be Monday night already?”
As soon as an episode ends on Monday night, you obsess over the fact that you have to wait an entire week for another episode. If you live on the west coast, you either hate the people on the east coast for being able to watch the episode three hours earlier than you or you’ve decided to subscribe to Dish Network to be able to watch the show on east coast time.
2. You follow all your favorite RuPaul’s Drag Race contestants on every social channel they’re on
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Youtube, Myspace, Friendster, Xtube… If they’ve got a profile for you to follow, you’re following it. Don’t be ashamed, but please realize that if you tweet crazy or annoying shit to them every five seconds… they might end up blocking you.
3. Catchphrases from the show are now a part of your every day vocabulary
No tee, no shade, no pink lemonade.
Water off a ducks back.
You betta werk!
Oh no she betta don’t!
The library is open!
Good luck, and don’t fuck it up!
Shante, you stay.
Silence! I’ve made my decision.
4. You hate finding out you missed a show when your favorite Drag Race queen was in town
That feeling you get when you find out your favorite Drag Race queen performed in your city last night sucks, especially if you haven’t seen them yet. If only there was some easy way to keep tabs on your favorite queens’ performance schedules……… oh wait! Haha, that’s why we have the Dragaholic Calendar! *wink*
5. You don’t have cable or you don’t live in the United States but somehow you watch the new episodes on Monday nights
Whether you scour the internet for hours, hunting on Reddit, Facebook and Google, or you wait until the wee hours of the night when LogoTV.com uploads the new episode, you somehow watch that new episode while simultaneously dodging as many spoilers as possible.
6. Your Facebook profile picture has been of you and a Drag Race queen at least once
You waited in that hour long line to get that picture, and you’ll be damned if you can’t make all of your friends jealous. The queen looks flawless in the picture, but your hair, makeup and clothes are a little disheveled from standing crotch to butt in the crowd with the other screaming fans. Then again, knowing you, chances are you were at the front of the crowd and as close to the stage as you could get.
7. You have friends that you never see unless there’s a RuPaul’s Drag Race contestant in town
You are totally best friends with this person, although you never talk, text, grab coffee, or even think about them when you aren’t at a show watching a RuPaul’s Drag Race contestant perform. Wait, do you even remember his name? Fuck… didn’t it start with a ‘T’…
8. You’ve cried when one of your favorite RuPaul’s Drag Race contestants replied to your tweet, Facebook comment or Instagram mention
How many times have you tweeted to your favorite queen hoping and praying that they would reply? Then, when that day finally came you got so excited that you nearly peed your pants. You still remember it like it was yesterday. It was the happiest day of your life.
9. You own at least one piece of merch from a RuPaul’s Drag Race queen
#DragFanFashion! Your wardrobe is made up of a bunch of shirts with drag queens’ faces on them and almost all of them are signed and haven’t been washed. So many great memories and so many more to be made! Maybe your next purchase will be a sickening shirt from the Dragaholic Store or it will be at RuPaul’s DragCon, who knows!
10. You have MAJOR withdrawals from the end of one season to the beginning of the next
The slow agonizing wait for the announcement of the next season’s cast is the worst time of the year. The speculations aren’t enough. You NEED to know who the next group of fierce queens will be to grace your television, and you NEED to add a bunch of new catchphrases to your vocabulary. The thirst is real, hunty! And God forbid they ever cancel the show!