I recently had the great pleasure of spending an entire weekend with four very talented Puerto Rican drag queens, Madame LaQueer, from RuPaul‘s Drag Race season 4, being one. It was really great to get to know him (out of drag) and learn about his experiences in life before, during and after Drag Race. As part of our ongoing ’10 Things’ series, here’s a little taste of some of the things we talked about…
1. After living her whole life in Puerto Rico, Madame LaQueer moved to Southern California two years ago on April 20, 2013.
2. Although Michelle Visage hated her green look on RuPaul’s Drag Race season 4, green is one of Madame’s favorite colors (after purple of course).
3. Madame is a hardcore Gaymer. (XBox Live Gamertag: LeMalvada)
4. Madame has had a total of 16 drag daughters throughout her 15 year drag career, including RuPaul’s Drag Race season 5 diva Lineysha Sparx.
5. Madame hosted an amateur drag show in Puerto Rico called Queen of the Night for over three years. This show served as a starting platform for many of today’s most beloved Puerto Rican queens, including Lineysha Sparx, April Carrión and Kandy Ho.
6. Bitch can turn out a mix! Madame’s mixes have been heard all over the world. Pageants, fashion shows and talent shows have all been conquered by Miss LaQueer’s musical creations.
7. Madame has won 4 Puerto Rican pageants in the plus category.
8. Carlos, Madame’s boy alter ego, has a degree in computer programming.
9. Out of drag, Madame manages the beauty department at a major drug store in Southern California.
10. Madame can eat whole garlic cloves like popcorn.
Follow Madame LaQueer: