Remember the extraordinary Tempest DuJour, the shining star from RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 7? While Tempest was, unfortunately, the first queen eliminated from that season, she left a huge impression on us and fans around the world.
We’ll take you on a journey beyond the runway and the spotlight, shedding light on the lesser-known facets of Tempest’s life and career. From her early inspirations to her post-Drag Race adventures, you’ll gain an exclusive glimpse into the world of this fabulous queen.
Here’s 10 things you never knew about Tempest DuJor:
1. Tempest is the oldest contestant to ever appear on RuPaul’s Drag Race
2. At 6’6″ without shoes, Tempest is the tallest contestant to ever appear on RuPaul’s Drag Race
3. Tempest raises show chickens at her home in Arizona
4. As a young teenager Tempest lived in Saudi Arabia where she spoke, read, and wrote Arabic
5. Tempest’s daughter is deaf and they communicate both verbally and with ASL
6. Tempest’s leg was torn off and re-attached after a terrible car accident
7. Since the car accident Tempest has lost 150 pounds
8. Tempest has been a University Professor for 13 years
9. At age 8, Tempest DuJour appeared on the Bozo the Clown show
10. Strong smells like incense and weed make Tempest poop
Can’t get enough of Tempest DuJour? Read and listen to our full interview and podcast episode with her following her elimination. Then, go and follow her on her many social media platforms.
A great pop philosopher once said, “Don’t be a drag, just be a queen.” But man is it hard to be a queen in 2023!
As the glitter settles and the spotlight dims, remember to stay tuned for more captivating Drag Race exclusive content. And for a regular dose of all things fabulous, be sure to subscribe to the Queerty newsletter!