This weekend, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler open in a new comedy called Sisters directed by Jason Moore (Pitch Perfect, Avenue Q).
If that’s not reason enough, here are 12 reasons we’re going to see that instead of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
1. We got tickets!
2. Tina and Amy are hilarious together. Remember Baby Mama?
3. In Sisters, Tina gets to plays the broke-down slut, ummhmm.
4. Amy explores her repressed side.
5. The movie takes place in the sisters’ Florida childhood home. When parents Dianne Wiest and James Brolin decide to sell, Tina and Amy go nuts and want revenge.
6. There’s a huge party.
7. There are tequila shots, dancing and an anal insertion.
8. SNL buddy Bobby Moynihan does one or more of those things.
9. Sisters passes the Bechdel test, which asks whether a work of fiction features at least two women who talk to each other about something besides a man. Plus, there’s this guy.
10. And Olivia Newton-John references.
11. Amy and Tina host SNL this weekend.
SNL writer Paula Pell wrote the movie now starring her longtime friends.
12. And the final reason we’re going to see Sisters this weekend instead of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Thanks to our friends at Universal Pictures for contributing to this post