The Public Broadcasting Service’s news program Frontline has just published the entire Facebook archive of accused WikiLeaker Bradley Manning. Amazeballs. We’ll update this post as we continue digging through it, though right now news outlets are concentrating on his interest in DADT and Prop 8.
UPDATE (5/24 9AM): Here are all the overtly gay things from the B-Man’s FB Wall:
– Openly mentioned his open-relationship with his blonde, long-haired boyfriend from Brandeis, Tyler Watkins. He even posted pictures of the two hugging. Later on they broke up and Manning mentioned “taking an emotional hit” and feeling “betrayed.”
– Hugged San Francisco mayor Gavin Newsome.
– Read Andrew Sullivan’s Daily Dish, spent a lot of time posting about Prop 8, joined the group 1,000,000 Strong For Daniel Choi, and “liked” Women’s Rights, The Rachel Maddow Show, The Washington Blade, the Stonewall Democrats, and Fancy (whatever the hell that is).
– Was quoted as an “anonymous soldier” in a Syracuse blog, “I was kicked out of my home and I once lost my job. The world is not moving fast enough for us at home, work or the battlefield. … I’ve been living a double life.”
– Manning got into fights and reprimanded for tossing chairs and yelling at fellow soldiers at Fort Drum. He even once got demoted for hitting a female soldier in the face. He also got referred for counseling, but has to seek it off base because of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.”
– According to Wired, Manning’s superior officers reprimanded him for revealing sensitive information in YouTube videos to his friends and family.
– Worked at Starbucks, American Eagle, and reportedly joined the military because his dad thought he needed “structure.” He also made a remix of Fergie’s “Glamourous” (because he is just that gay).
This is not something you should be spreading, Queerty. You know we all want our rights to privacy on facebook. And God knows any one of us would be mortified were our entire online social history with our closest friends released publicly to the entire world.
Shame on you. You’re supposed to be good for our community.
So I take it there were no facebook updates while he during his inhumane detentions? No foursquare check-ins at Quantico? Are we really more focused on his “liking” a gaga song over the possibility of him facing a death penalty?
Why on earth are you taking childish Perez Hilton-style pleasure from reporting an article which will be seriously damaging to our community?
Poor Mr. Manning. He needs to be in prison for life.
Betraying America and most of all us gahyz.
@Ryan: Hahaha. Privacy on Facebook and the internet in general is about the funniest thing I’ve read all week. If you don’t want people to know things about you, delete your facebook account and get off the internet. I’m a little tired of people assuming that there is some privacy rights inherent in the Constitution when you are providing all your personal information to complete strangers.
@Pannyx: Preach it!
@Pannyx: and you think the legal evolution to internet privacy is a bad thing? i must say i sense a generation gap here… how OLD are you?
I thought that all of the previous posts had suggested that Manning was Transgender, not gay.
We need some clarification here.
ALL OF THE POSTS ARE MISSING THE REAL ISSUE. MANNING IS A PATRIOT WHO EXPOSED THE ATROCITIES BEING COMMITTED DURING THE AMERICAN OCCUPATION OF IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN. AMERICAN IMPERIALISM IS A THREAT TO THE SAFETY OF PEOPLE THROUGHOUT THE WORLD AND SPELLS DISASTER FOR THIS COUNTRY AND ITS CITIZENS. WE SHOULD BE SUPPORTING HIM AND OPPOSING THE INHUMANE TREATMENT HE IS BEING SUBJECTED TO.
@James: A traitor is a traitor.
Those people using Manning as their poster boy against their hatred of America and its “imperialism” are a disgrace.
What is the point of this post. The gay seeming things done by a person.
I am a little bit shocked. That is inappropriate.
@Armand: Preach brother!
How dare that traitor expose how the government was lying to us!
True patriots tell lies and deceit and enable mass murder!
Hold on – supporting women’s rights is a “gay thing”???
Why Should I Care?
Before being a Gay, or any other things that PVT Manning is we are American. In both our cases we swore an oath to Our Country and our Service. PVT Manning Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) Article 104, “Aiding the Enemy,” This is a serious charge that he has not denied. PVT Manning is a criminal and what most people understand that PVT Manning as the rest of us on Active Duty Fall under the UCMJ. I am ashamed of some of the GLBT Community backing him and supporting PVT Manning for the only reason that he is Gay. Many GLBT Service members serve with pride and dignity, do not resort to turning on our Country and fellow comrades. PVT Manning deserves to be awarded a tough and harsh punishment. PVT Manning was not drafted or forced into the Military, what he did choose is to turn his back on his Country and commit treason. Shame on PVT Manning and Shame on his defenders.
Comments are closed.