While folks like us homosexuals were upset to see General Motors pull its sexy “Bumble Bee Boys in Briefs” video from YouTube, not every car buyer was sad to see it go. Namely, the homophobic car buyers.
Intended as a promotion for “Chevrolet Gay Day at the Movies” to help promote Transformers 2, the “Bumble Bee” clip was uploaded to, and yanked from, the web because it wasn’t fully vetted by GM brass. Rather, a rogue part of their LGBT marketing group sent it out without permission!
What was GM so afraid of? That showing two handsome young men washing a Camaro would brand the model a fag ride?
Actually, that’s entirely possible — given some of the comments prospective buyers have left about the video on one report. They include:
• “THE FIREBIRD IS THE SISTER CAR TO THE CAMARO. ROCKFORD DROVE A FIREBIRD. HE WASNT GAY. GM SCREWED EVERYTHING UP WITH THIS MISGUIDED INSPIRATION. IF I WAS A MECHANIC AT A GM DEALERSHIP, I WOULD QUIT… WOULDNT WANT TO CATCH ANYTHING FROM THE CARS.”
• “I WAS VERY INTERESTED IN ONE OF THESE TILL THEY CALLED THE POOP PACKERS. LOOKS LIKE I’M JAPANESE ALL THE WAY NOW!!!”
• “california has a state car, and it’s the called the camaro!”
• “I hope GM looses their ass on this car. I have owned 3 camaros in the past. Ill be dam if I purchase anoher and be tagged as a ***. What a shame. I hah planned on buying a new 2010. Not now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
And our favorite, which gets a gold star for creativity:
• “FAGOTRON the Decepticon Transform into a Gaymaro!”