Google’s motto is “Don’t Be Evil,” but apparently that doesn’t mean don’t give it money. The tech giant is hosting a fundraiser for Sen. Jim Inhofe, the Oklahoma Republican. Just in case you’re unfamiliar with Inhofe, here are some of his greatest hits:
- He has said he doesn’t hire openly gay staffers ” “due to the possibility of a conflict of agenda.”
- He has boasted that he is proud that ” in the recorded history of our family, we’ve never had a divorce or any kind of a homosexual relationship.”
- He was a loud opponent of repealing DADT and wondered whether straight soldiers would be willing to die for gay comrades if the policy fell.
- He wrote a letter to the Pentagon demanding an explanation as to why military personnel were allowed to wear their uniforms at a gay pride event.
- He’s been a big-booster of the antigay Family Research Council and was one of the signers of a letter condemning the Southern Poverty Law Center for designating it a hate group.
Yep, nothing evil there.
And this is just the antigay stuff. Inhofe is also a big climate-denier, which is why an environmental group called Forecast the Facts is protesting the fundraiser. Of course, Inhofe’s history is easy to find. All you have to do is Google it.