• It’s hard to believe, but the Bid2Beat AIDS eBay auction still hasn’t exhausted its vast resources of collectibles. Today we’re favoring this Patti Lupone-signed Evita poster. It doesn’t get any gayer than that. Current bid: $177.50. You know you want it.
• Anti-gay priest Anthony Priddis “sorry” for not hiring homo.
• Yves Saint Laurent awarded France’s Legion of Honor award.
• What if Mormons took over American culture?
• Remembering Ali Forney.
• Being trans at Columbia University.
• PageSix.com imploding already?
• How much can Oprah help Obama?
• Why Woody Harrelson “disavowed” The Walker, in which he plays gay.
Regarding Woody H’s movie, he plays a Jerry Zipkin type. If you’re too young to know of Zipkin, and unfortunately I’m not, he was Nancy Reagan’s best girlfriend and fashion advisor, a mincing queen. He didn’t think it was necessary to say, in 1981 or ’82, “Honey, you think you can get Ronnie to seriously fund AIDS research or even talk about AIDS, because so many of my
friends are dying that I can’t even get a bridge game together?”
Columbia’s trans ignorance is really disappointing. NYU has gender-neutral housing and bathrooms, in addition to many trans groups and workshops. I forget sometimes that the rest of the world isn’t like my school’s queer utopia.
Comments are closed.