• Beth Ditto and The Gossip got down at Glastonbury. And when we say down, we mean as far down as she could go. Miraculously, her underwear made it further.
• Canadian Anglicans split on gay nuptials:
In a tense vote after nearly two days of debate at the church’s synod in Winnipeg, lay and clergy members voted in favour of a motion that would have allowed dioceses in Canada officially to authorise blessings. But the church’s bishops voted against the move by 21 votes to 19, meaning that the motion failed, because it needed to be passed by all three groups.
God almighty! Can’t they just have a schism and get on with it already?
• Moscow Mayor Yuri Luzhkov may find himself grounded. Human rights activists are protesting his anti-gay ways by asking the international community to restrict him to Russia.
• Adam Sandler‘s I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry, which features two straight guys pretending to be gay to get domestic partner benefits, premieres the same night as the 2007 Outfest Film Festival. Coincidence or anti-gay conspiracy?
• Wackness via HuffPo:
A high school student’s “Bong Hits 4 Jesus” banner got slapped down by the Supreme Court in a decision Monday that restricts student speech rights when the message seems to advocate illegal drug use.
The court ruled 5-4 in the case of Joseph Frederick, who unfurled his handiwork at a school-sanctioned event in 2002, triggering his suspension and leading to a lengthy court battle.
• Berlin’s gay pride grows.
• Jessica Simpson‘s a cunt. She won’t walk with childhood friend Lane Garrison just because he killed a teenager. That’s some fucked up shit.