• MTV apparently wouldn’t play Faithless‘ “Bombs” because it’s too controversial.
• Gianni Versace’s lover, Antonio D’Amico, remembers his fallen lover and the assassination that stole a fashion visionary:
It was not a day, just a moment, like lightening. I heard the shot, and I ran outside the house. I saw Gianni in a pool of blood. It was like somebody cut me in two parts with an ax. Complete darkness – and this pain in my stomach! Can you imagine? The day before we were in the swimming pool hugging, and he said to me: “You know, Tato, after all these years our relationship is still so solid and beautiful.”
• TMZ’s way meaner to Rosie O’Donnell than we’d ever imagine. Okay, okay, we’d imagine being so mean, but we’d never make fun of her wet suit. Oh, that’s a t-shirt. (Oops.)
You can’t just arrest someone for saying they are gay. That’s like arresting someone just because he says he stole something, with no proof. You have to have a witness, and you would have to identify the stolen item before you could press charges.
• Germans love Japanese pop culture.
• Michelangelo Signorile on the late Merv Grifffin’s closet. “Merv Griffin was an example of how dangerous the closet can be…” While that may be true, we’re eternally grateful for Jeopardy.
• It’s your hair’s fault Nora Ephron doesn’t recognize you.