• A majority of American citizens support same-sex civil unions, according to ABC News, but not all opinions are created evenly:
Overall, 55 percent favor allowing homosexual couples to form legally recognized civil unions, giving them the same rights as married couples in areas such as health insurance, inheritance and pension coverage. That’s up from 45 percent in an ABC/Post poll in 2006; the previous high was 51 percent in 2004.
On civil unions, support peaks among adults under age 30, and tanks among seniors. It’s highest in the East and West, notably lower in the Midwest and South. Whites overall are more apt than blacks to support gay civil unions, and the idea wins more support among women (59 percent) than men (51 percent, and 47 percent among married men).
Interesting divide between single and married men, no?
• Reichen strips, fakes orgasm for Dante’s Cove.
• Bob Allen jury cruises through park where alleged solicitation took place, one juror dismissed.
• Moscow court comes out against gay pride organizers. Anti-gay parade ban legal.
• Rosie O’Donnell offers more MSNBC explanation, professes love for Keith Olbermann.
• The Gay Recluse takes on the “Suffocation of the Gay Voice in American Literature”:
The truth is in our hands: we, too, have a history of oppression and a corresponding literary tradition that should be taught in the schools to ensure that it will be taken up by future writers and poets!…To fight for our civil rights is one thing, but it is equally important to fight for our literary voice in a culture that belongs to us as much as anyone else; our stories are here within us, we shouldn’t have to beg to have them recognized, or apologize to have them told.
Does it count if we make them into movies?
• Gays dropped from South Korea non-discrimination act.
• Retired Republican Richard Curtis‘ extorting boy toy Cody Castagna part of a bigger plot, calls Curtis a “freak”. That’s pretty rude, especially coming from hooker who plays on people’s sexual repression.
• OJ Simpson doesn’t have a care in the world. He almost acts like somebody who got away with murder.
• EastEnders getting a gay?
• Piggy bank explodes to encourage saving. Seriously!?
Rt. Rev. Dr. RES
Will it ever stop !!!! Your right wing knows that the eventual demographics give them little time to stop civil marriage. They will eventually offer civil unions federally and encourage states to permanently stop marriage by constitutional fiat and enshrine your second-tier status permanently.
Yes, the poll-driven centrist decides what rights you should get not based upon moral principles of justice and equality, but on how bigots and racists decide what you should get.
I just bought and viewed the DVD SICKO by Michael Moore. Your right wing is so crooked…and they are liars about our health system and the EU systems as well.
Go ahead…buy into incrementalism and its lies and subtefuges. You will think that the time between Reconstruction and Loving v Virginia – over a century – is a short holiday.
I can see the rhetoric then. A federal civil union and statewide recognition of unionisation as long as you forever (sine die) and constitutionally enshrine marriage as a heterosexual right only.
I guess Reichen paid so much to have his Dumbo ears pinned back that he didn’t have anything left to have his cheesy, flabby, shapeless ass toned up. Strange for the most notorious bottom in Hollywood who’s been plowed more times than all the cornfields in Kansas. And, Jesus Almighty, the amount of spackle it must have taken to cover up that ridiculous, shoulder to shoulder “Only God Can Judge Me Tattoo.”
Run Lance Run! Wait. He already did….
“Civil unions that afford the same rights and responsibilities as marriage” is a myth; ain’t no such animal, as they are finding out in New Jersey right now.
Rt. Rev. Dr. RES
Yes, Professor, it is the gay equivalent of Plessy v Ferguson. The Jim Crow laws followed.
good news. You will think that the time between Reconstruction and Loving v Virginia – over a century – is a short holiday.
Rt. Rev. Dr. RES
I assume, Matt123, that you accept the delay with federal civil unions and a constitutional amendment against same-sex civil marriage, and then you click on the bisexual site and find a lover in his/her heterosexual orientation dominance.?????
Comments are closed.