ON OUR GAYDAR — News, notes, clicks, and quips from around the web.
• Bishop Harry Jackson can’t take the hint, and is continuing his crusade against same-sex marriage in D.C. He wants to give voters a chance to up or down your rights.
• A reporter attends the “Journey into Manhood” conversion therapy seminar, but he can’t get his newspaper to publish his investigative piece because of the confidentiality agreement he signed could, supposedly, generate legal trouble.
• Hawaii Democrats “reprimand” State Sen. Mike Gabbard after concluding he “actively worked against a civil-unions bill last session and undermined the party’s platform in favor of equality and civil rights.” A reprimand is the least severe punishment; censure and expulsion are more harsh.
• The Rev. David Weekley tells his United Methodist Church congregation that he’s transgender. And they “embrace” him? Jesus loves you!
• Let’s see if there’s a similar story for British Councillor Paul Fairweather, who revealed he’s HIV-positive.