At the stroke of midnight Saturday, marriage equality will sweep across the entire state of New York and you’re invited to celebrate with Queerty! Throughout the weekend we’ll highlight the latest in marriage news, analysis and wedding photos across the Empire State and especially in the Big Apple.
We’d also like to invite you to e-mail us your wedding, bachelor/bachlorette party and marriage-equality celebration photos, with a few sentences about what’s going on or what the historic occassion means to you. We’ll post galleries of the best shots as we receive them and give shoutouts to our submitting readers and married couples! And if you’re thinking about coming to New York to tie the knot, be sure to check out our NYC Wedding Guide.
Whether you live in New York or just want to partake in the historic event, pop open a bottle of bubbly and join in the fun!
Here are some current and recent headlines on the New York marriage-equality front:
- NYC Marriage Weekend: A Bachelor Party After All These Years
- The Westboro Baptist Church Hits The Big Apple For Marriage-Equality Sunday
- Guess Which Closeted Republican Will Be Among The First To Marry in NYC
- Queers Invade the Chapel: Our NYC Wedding Guide
- Hetero New Yorkers: Please Don’t Get Married This Weekend
- WATCH: New Yorkers Take Marriage-Equality Celebration Back To Stonewall
- BREAKING: New York Becomes Sixth State to Pass Marriage Equality
- GOP State Senator Gives Great Speech in Favor of Gay Marriage