Sinar Harian is one of the leading newspapers in Malaysia. It just published a #fakenews article with bullet points on the distinctive qualities that can help identify gay people in a crowd.
According to the paper, gay men can be identified by:
- Going to the gym not for exercise but to check out other guys
- Wearing tight t-shirts to show off their six-packs
- Their love of beards
Meanwhile, lesbians can be identified by:
- Hugging or kissing other women
- Holding hands with other women
- Talking about how much they hate men
Activist Arwind Kumar, one of Malaysia’s biggest social media stars, called the article “stupid” in a new video post.
“How the hell does a gay person endanger your life?” he said. “There are much more important issues in this country which need to be addressed.”
The video has been watched nearly 130,000 times on YouTube and Facebook.
Homosexuality is illegal in Malaysia and punishable by up to 20 years in prison.