Photographer, makeup artist, and activist Matt Bernstein painted his face with nine words that shut down anyone who still weaponizes the belief that homosexuality is a choice.
“If being gay was a choice,” his eye makeup reads, “I’d be gayer.”
Being gay isn't a choice. If it were, I'd choose to be much gayer.
— Solomon Georgio (@solomongeorgio) August 23, 2016
Bernstein, meanwhile, has photographed himself emblazoned with other words of wisdom. Some highlights:
- “Hate dressed in religion is just hate.”
- “Some families are chosen.”
- “What if we loved queer kids as much as we love gender reveals.”
- “Why does style only become trendy once straight, white, cis people catch on?”
- “Gay rights wouldn’t exist without trans women of color.”