Because regular selfies aren’t quite as intimate as they could be, here’s a bombshell idea for you — the shower selfie.
It’s sexy, shows you’ve got proper hygiene practices and also has an element of danger. Will your phone get ruined or won’t it?
And now as an added bonus, your steamy shower shot can now also spread awareness (and hopefully money) for finding a cure for HIV and ending homelessness. Who knew a selfie could be so selfless?
It’s all part of a new campaign called #weareALLclean.
“I was inspired by the use of the word ‘clean’, especially common in gay culture, to describe oneself as STI/STD free. Indirectly this implies that HIV-positive people are somehow ‘dirty'”, says campaign founder Jack Mackenroth.
The CDC estimates that there are currently 1.2 million people in the US living with HIV and over 35 million people around the world, and the goal of the campaign is to raise 1 million dollars to stop the epidemic and find a cure.
The idea is simple:
- Take a selfie or Vine video of yourself in the shower (keep it PG-13)
- Post your photo on social media with the caption “Take HIV Shower Selfie Challenge raise $$ for AIDS cure bit.ly/CUREAIDS #weareALLclean
- Challenge 3 or more other people to participate!
- (Optional) DONATE!! Please consider a small donation if you are able. Every penny counts! bit.ly/CUREAIDS
- On World AIDS Day: Monday, December 1st, please change all your social media profile pix to your shower selfie photo and spread the word
- On World AIDS Day: Monday, December 1st, change all your social media profile pix to your shower selfie photo and spread the word
But enough about that, here’s a few entries to get you started:
— Chris Salvatore (@CSalvatore) November 24, 2014
— Tammie Stuart (@thetank717) November 24, 2014
— Jessie Colter (@jessiecolterxxx) November 24, 2014