Queerty is better as a member

Log in | Register

Science Says Trans Women Have No Competitive Advantage Over Other Female Athletes, Why Won’t CrossFit?

This image is from: Science Says Trans Women Have No Competitive Advantage Over Other Female Athletes, Why Won’t CrossFit? · «Back to article

This image is from: Science Says Trans Women Have No Competitive Advantage Over Other Female Athletes, Why Won’t CrossFit? · «Back to article

    • bnard620

      I think that it has more to do with how long you might have been in either transition or not. I’m not sure what words to use, but I think it has to do with the amount of time.

      Mar 7, 2014 at 2:48 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • QJ201

      Sorry to be a twat, but Chloe is 5’4″

      If she were a 6’2″ former marine trans woman (they exist, don’t you all watch talk shows?), this would be totally different conversation.

      Mar 7, 2014 at 4:43 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • AlexM

      Why sue for 2.5 million dollars? Seems like it’s more about the money.

      Mar 7, 2014 at 5:02 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • balehead

      If she was suing for the right to compete I wouldn’t question her sincerity…But she is suing for money…..big money that is….

      Mar 7, 2014 at 5:56 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • tardis

      Maybe this is one of those “women playing with pro football
      things.” I don’t think Crosssfit is acting out of any sort of phobias…i think they’re just unsure about how to go about it.

      @QJ201: But what about other transwomen that ARE 6’2″? Do they need to meet certain criteria to be considered women? And if so what is that criteria?

      Mar 7, 2014 at 7:32 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • litper

      Why would she reject her masculinity but then want to do manly things?

      Mar 7, 2014 at 10:50 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • vklortho

      @litper: It’s not always about masculinity and femininity. It often has something to do with having an aversion to your own male body.

      Mar 7, 2014 at 10:55 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • litper

      @vklortho: doesn’t sound logical, unless she’s a lesbian now, but then why would she want to make the body she hates so much… weird… no wonder transsexuality is still an official mental illness

      Mar 7, 2014 at 11:33 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • mallorie

      @litper: Only men should do things labelled “masculine” and only women should do things labelled “feminine”? If competing in a physical activity is deemed masculine (by you, I might add), and hence men only, what opinion do you have of women and the female gender role, litper?

      Mar 8, 2014 at 12:38 am · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • Tracy Pope

      The American Psychiatric Association changed their lists and definitions of mental illness over a year ago. A simple search brings up numerous reports about it.

      Mar 8, 2014 at 1:16 am · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • GeriHew

      @litper: FYI Lesbians don’t generally hate their female bodies.

      Some research that has been done on M2F sexuality indicated that the majority are attracted to women. The majority of those being bisexual. The number found who are exclusively attracted to women wasn’t much smaller than the number who are exclusively attracted to men. It also found that many had concealed their attraction to women from medical professionals when seeking gender reassignment out of fear that treatment would be denied due to homophobic attitudes.

      Clearly gender identity and sexuality are not the same thing.

      Whatever Chloie Jonsson’s sexuality may be I don’t see that it has anything to do with her being allowed or not allowed to compete as a female in the CrossFit Games.

      Mar 8, 2014 at 10:21 am · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • Matt G

      this comes up frequently in competitions with a gender division. The real take-home is that society can’t think on its toes well enough to deal with a world that isn’t a strict gender binary. This has to do not just with people that are trans but also people that are intersex or if they’re going off of hormone levels people who have abnormal hormone levels. For like 95% of the population there’s a pretty consistent chromosome-hormone-phenotype matchup but that doesn’t mean the other 5% needs to be barred from any type of competition forevermore

      Mar 9, 2014 at 10:11 am · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • jayj150

      @Tracy Pope: If it’s no longer an illness, why do transsexuals keep suing the government and insurance companies to pay for their transition?.

      Mar 15, 2014 at 8:05 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·

    Add your Comment

    Please log in to add your comment

    Need an account? Register It's free and easy.




    Copyright 2016 Queerty, Inc.
    Follow Queerty at Queerty.com, twitter.com/queerty and facebook.com/queerty.