“Hey, what’s your type? What do you look for in a man?”
Our friends love asking these questions because it honestly reveals a lot about a person and what they want in life. Our taste in men is also entirely different from straight men’s taste in women, so the topic deserves some attention. After all, our differences from our heterosexual counterparts are more than just our sexual orientation.
So, do you prefer and prioritize physical appearances, personality, or sexual appeal? Are you looking for the right things that’ll help you find the perfect partner for you? Let’s take a quiz to find out.
How’s Your Taste In Men Quiz
Here is a simple quiz to help you determine your taste in men. The more honest you are with your answers, the more you’ll get to know yourself and increase your chances to find the ideal partner in the sea of men.
Relationships And Attraction Quiz
These questions are all about the type of man you’re attracted to. You can think of all the past boyfriends you’ve had or the guy you’re currently dating to see which answers describes them the best:
- What is the first thing you notice in a man?
- His personality (e.g., fast wit or sense of responsibility)
- His face and voice (e.g., beards, tattoos, raspy voice)
- His attitude and manners (e.g., how he treats the waiter)
- His clothes and style (e.g., suits or athleisure clothes)
- Which of these talents and qualities do you find the most attractive in men?
- Cooking and other life skills
- Humble, honest, and understanding in nature
- Adventurous and ambitious outlook on life
- Sexy personality and appeal
- What profession or job impresses you the most about a man?
- Entrepreneur with his own company
- Doctor with a passion for helping people
- Traveler with an unstoppable spirit
- Musician with an eye for all things creative
- What’s a sign of a good boyfriend for you?
- Manly, responsible, and mature
- Charming, hot, and beautiful
- Smarter, funny, and adventurous
- Romantic and understanding
Now that we’ve gone through the general type you like, let’s move on to personality tests to reveal the kind of man you are in relationships. Here are some trivia questions:
- What is your idea of the perfect date?
- Simple picnic in a nearby park with some bread and wine
- Expensive candlelit dinner by the beach and under the stars
- Camping in the mountains and building a bonfire together
- Music-filled road trip outside of the city to watch the skyline
- Which romantic song do you resonate with the most?
- We Belong Together by Mariah Carey
- Love on Top by Beyonce
- Perfect by Ed Sheeran
- My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
- Which romantic movie character do you like the most?
- Ben from How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days who deals with annoyances most men won’t
- Jacob from Crazy, Stupid, Love who’s incredibly good looking and sweet
- Henry from 50 First Dates who’s patient and quirky in his own way
- Jamie from Love & Other Drugs who loves even in sickness and health
- Which romantic movie could you watch repeatedly?
- A Star is Born (2018)
- The Notebook (2004)
- Fifty Shades of Gray (2015)
- La La Land (2016)
What Do Your Preferences Say About You?
These are the respective results based on your answers above. They are by no means exhaustive, but you can use these results as a simple glimpse into your taste in men and dating guys in general:
If Your Answers Are Mostly As:
You prefer guys who are down-to-earth, responsible, and will bring you home to meet their parents one day. You’re not looking for someone just to have fun, you’re looking for someone to grow old with without lowering your standards. Small gestures mean the world to you, and you’re all for slow-but-steady relationship developments.
If Your Answers Are Mostly Bs:
You want to date a guy who’s beautiful to look at, lovely to hold, and will not break your heart. You don’t mind if he hasn’t figured out what he wants in life just yet, and you’re perfectly fine with going along for the ride. You’re also a romantic and often dream of movie-inspired situations that’ll lead you to find your ideal partner.
If Your Answers Are Mostly Cs:
You’re not looking to settle down, but you prefer to have a partner-in-crime. You’ve had your fair share of guys who can’t handle your energy and are wishing to meet someone who can match your adventurous and ambitious approach to living. You’re also open to trying new things and are always down for a night of laughter and bonding.
If Your Answers Are Mostly Ds:
You prefer a guy who’s as creative and adventurous as he possibly can. You want to go on spontaneous trips around the world with him, experience new things together, and relive your teenage years. You don’t mind if the relationship won’t last forever, but you certainly want a man who’s madly in love with you.
5 Things You Should Be Looking For In Men
Whether you’re happy with the quiz results or not, what matters is that you focus on the traits that make a guy the perfect partner for you. To help you in the process, see the list of what guys usually look for in partners below, and perhaps tweak your idea of the perfect man:
1. Someone Who Shares The Same Values As You
Having differences in opinion is healthy, but having different outlooks and core values will lead to massive disagreements down the road. Instead, you want a guy who is aligned with you or at least respects your stand.
Search for someone who believes in the same things as you do, including the relationship structure (e.g., monogamy or polyamory) and other values (e.g., religion and family ideals). This is especially important if you plan to be in a long-term relationship with him.
2. Someone Who’s Communicative And Vulnerable With You
As guys, we’re not exactly known to be emotional or lower our walls down easily. However, being communicative, honest, and allowing vulnerability in your relationship is crucial in building a long-lasting partnership.
You and your partner should be able to open up about any positive or negative emotions. Both of you will have to notice, listen, understand, and address problems instead of declaring bothersome arguments as invalid.
3. Someone Who’s Supportive And Makes You A Better Person
Search for someone who compliments you. He should support your aspirations and won’t be afraid of you achieving more successes than him. It’s true that our egos may get in the way, so look for someone who doesn’t always need to “win” in arguments, careers, or anything.
You want a man who uplifts you, becoming your biggest cheerleader and support system. Neither of you should be entirely dependent on each other but rather will gently push one other in the right direction.
4. Someone Who Treats Your Family Right
Talking about family relations isn’t always easy for gay men, which makes it even more important for your partner to be respectful to your family. Whether you and he are open about your relationship, he should know his bounds and love your family as his own.
Any man who disrespects or ignores your family isn’t a sensible partner for you and is still immature in his ways. Remember that it may be a sign of hostility or hate that will likely emerge in the future of your relationship as well.
5. Someone Who Makes You Feel Really Good In Bed
Your partner should be able to satisfy your physical needs in bed, and both of you should have an undeniable level of sexual compatibility. After all, it’s an unspoken fact that men can be highly sexual with certain needs.
Talk about sex with your potential partner and see if you’re on the same page. The last thing you want is to spend the rest of your life unsatisfied and disappointed, in constant worry about the lack of spark in the bedroom.
We can try to analyze all we want about how your taste in men reveals something about you. But the truth is that you’re the only person who knows what kind of partner you prefer and the man you want to become.
Still, it does help that you know how your taste in men relates to you as an individual, so you have a strong starting point for building meaningful relationships with others. And we hope that this article and quiz do just that!