It’s been two years since the historic Obergefell v. Hodges Supreme Court ruling made same-sex marriage the law of the land across the United States. To mark the occasion, we’re revisiting our favorite marriage stories to remind the world that love is love.
For one gay Jewish couple, the choice was obvious — ride in on a unicorn, blow everyone’s minds. So that’s what they did, and the above photo surfaced shortly thereafter.
Just look at that woman’s face on the right. Pure joy. Like all her girlhood dreams all just came true.
But as is almost always the case, the internet took the photo and ran (galloped?), and we’d be remiss if we didn’t give some top-notch captions a proper shoutout.
Here are our favorites:
- Looks like they have a… stable relationship.
- In the least derogatory way possible, that is as gay as it gets.
- Now I want to see a gay Hindu wedding where they ride in on an elephant dressed like a wooly mammoth.
- “Tonight, we ride.”
- Did no one else get the Friends reference here? The old lady’s gone! She’s no longer haunting Phobe! She’s seen it all!
- … so unicorn is kosher?
- Jewnicorn… anyone? Ok I’ll go…
- Those are some good looking Jews.
- Hmm. Kinda thought they would ride bareback….
- How brokeback mountain should of ended.
- 50 shades of neigh
- FAKE! Everyone knows unicorns aren’t Jewish!
- Is that unicorn horn circumcised?
You can find all the comments on Imgur.