Our attempts at cloning have proven fruitless, so Queerty is looking for real-life humans to work as interns in the Big Apple.
Responsibilities would cover a variety of editorial and administrative duties and, while it’s an unpaid internship, you’d get great on-the-job experience, good clips and access to some of the greatest cultural, entertainment and nightlife events in New York City.
Plus, the hours are very flexible and interns generally operate from home. Where else can work in your pajamas?
The internship would involve:
- Interviewing sources and covering parties, press conferences and other events when possible
- Contacting publicists to schedule interviews, procure images and products
- Maintaining databases and helping with site infrastructure
- Reaching out to media outlets to promote Queerty content
- Writing occasional posts and moderating comments
- Interest in and knowledge of the LGBT community and its issues
- Good writing and grammar skills
- A professional demeanor
- Familiarity with blogs, blog technology and software, including WordPress
- Basic experience using PhotoShop
Interested? Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Writing samples are not required but accepted.
Photos: NBC, Texas Tower PR