Last modified: January 10, 2023
- On our Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- When you provide information to us at any in-person live events we host (“Live Event”) and you submit a completed form with information to us at the Live Event.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Except for the Live Events as described above, any information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries); or
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, and/or any social media account or user name you may use in connection with the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at [email protected].
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, your social media user name as provided by Twitter, Facebook, or any other social media account that you may use to connect to our Website where such information can be used by us to individually identify you;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your zip code, IP addresses, the duration of time you visited certain parts of our Website, the articles that were clicked, which advertisements were interacted with, and other similar non-identifying information; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. Personal information is only collected if you provide it directly to us, except device identifying information, such as your IP address or Device ID is collected automatically and may be considered to be personal information in your jurisdiction;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, user agent information, IP addresses, Device IDs, and information collected through cookies and third party pixels on our Websites; and/or
- From third parties. For example, our parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, and/or from third party social media companies (“Social Media Companies”) if you login to your social media account using the connection portal on the Website, including but not limited to, Facebook and Twitter. To control the information Social Media Companies share with us, please visit the Social Media Companies’ privacy policies to learn how you can control certain privacy settings. Queerty will never share any Personal Information with third parties, except to service providers who are required not to disclose the information for any other purpose except to enable us to provide our services to you and except your IP address may be disclosed to third party advertising companies to show you advertisements on our Website.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, which are not required to be completed as a condition of accessing or visiting our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering for an account on our Website, subscribing to our email newsletters, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a sweepstakes, contest, or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website; and/or
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “Posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. If you leave a comment anywhere on our Website, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, except for device identifying information such as your IP address or Device ID, which may be considered personal information in your jurisdiction. The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Show advertisements on our website.
The technologies we use, and which third party advertisers may use, for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To show you relevant ads, which includes but is not limited to, sending you retargeted ads to show ads tailored to your interests;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email newsletter we send you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our parent company, subsidiaries, and/or affiliates;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. However, please know that only your IP address is disclosed to these third parties. We do not disclose any personal information to third party marketing companies, except personal information may be disclosed in jurisdictions where an IP address is considered to be personal information. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email using the unsubscribe link provided in the email.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website. If you are located in the European Union, you may prefer to use the EDAA opt out. Because these third parties opt-outs are cookie-based, your browser must be set to accept third party cookies. If you use multiple devices or browsers, you’ll have to opt out on each. If you delete the opt out cookie, you will need to opt-out again.
You can also opt-out of receiving targeted ads we may show from the Quantcast network by clicking here. After you opt-out, please be aware that you may continue to be shown ads, but the ads will not be tailored to you based on your interests.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: [email protected].
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our CCPA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
Your Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (including the United Kingdom), we are subject to various laws which apply across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom), and we are responsible as “controller” of any personal information we collect for the purposes of those laws.
Right to Access
The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information (the right of access)
Right to Rectification
The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information
Right to be Forgotten
The right to require us to delete your personal information—in certain situations
Right to Restriction of Processing
The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information—in certain circumstances, e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data
Right to Data Portability
The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations
Right to Object
The right to object:
at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling);
in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
Right Not to be Subject to Automated Individual Decision-Making
The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like to exercise of the above rights, please email our Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
We hope that our Data Protection Officer can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Email: [email protected]
Postal Mail Address:
584 Castro St. #623
San Francisco, CA 94114