• Rosie O’Donnell didn’t have much to say about Britney Spears‘ baby drama. A confused looking Roseanne Barr, meanwhile, plans to give the pop tart a call, “I think she needs a mother. She needs help”.
• GLAAD takes on NY Post, again:
The Post’s Oct. 4 edition contained a Page Six item about an upcoming dating show on Fox Reality Channel (also a News Corporation property) called Thereâ€™s Something About Miriam. The item referred to Miriam, a transgender woman from Mexico, using the slur â€œshe-male.â€
GLAAD contacted Page Six editor Richard Johnson this morning to discuss the description of Miriam. His e-mailed response read, â€œYou’re kidding me, aren’t you? I would have used â€˜chick with a dickâ€™ but we’re as [sic] family newspaper.â€
First, given the facts of the case that are by now well-known, the sexual orientation, actual or alleged, of Fortunato or indeed any of the defendants is immaterial.
If Fortunato is indeed gay, then we can only imagine that his “coming out” last month was a vain attempt to unleash a red herring for a nice swim around the courthouse. If he is not, then this was a despicable tactic from a desperate defense.
In any case, it was a craven, messy thing to do.
And, of course, keeps journos on their toes.
• Andy Warhol can save your city.
• Saudis get 7000 lashings for gay sex.
• HIV positive men disproportionately infected by various STDs.
• Kate Moss v. Sienna Miller. Our money’s on Moss.