Given how drastically it has changed gay men’s dating and sexual habits its hard to believe Grindr is just four years old.
Even more impressive? The location-based hookup app has garnered more than six million users, with 2.5 of them joining in the last 12 months. That boost has come in large part from millennial gays, raised on Web 2.0 and aging into the Grindr demographic.
A study conducted by the app tapped into some interesting results:
* More than one million Grindr users log on to the app every day and transmit more than seven million chat messages and two million photos to one another.
* Grindr users spend about an hour-and-a-half using the app daily, and they log in an average of eight times per day.
* Up to 190,000 users internationally are logged onto Grindr at any given moment
* 80% of millennials agree their generation overshares.
* 71% of respondents are comfortable sharing their personal information.
* The apps that Grindr millennials use most often are Facebook (30%), Grindr (28%), Instagram (7%) and Twitter (6%).