Sources tell us the network is frantically trying to scrounge up the cash to bankroll her outlandish list of demands (Think a gold-plated trapeze and a private chopper to take her to and from 30 Rock every day. Seriously). But why now? Because MSNBCâ€™s on the eve of renegotiating their contract with their cable provider and landing a big star (no pun intended) and proving they can go toe-to-toe with Oâ€™Reilly will give them infinitely more leverage.
If anyone can take on O’Reilly, it’s O’Donnell.
• Michigan Supreme Court mulling university benefits.
• The Scottish Socialist Party wants you to put pressure on Stagecoach buses, which attempted to boot a gay teenage couple last weekend. Re-read the original story and check out comment number two.
• John Waters would love to give Larry Craig a close-up. Hopefully he’s got a wide lens.
• Lance Bass is a fucking liar who needs to makeup a Las Vegas wedding for ego-stroking publicity.
• Michael Showalter hot for women’s shoes.
• House of Representatives votes to push Dick Cheney impeachment to Judiciary Committee. Says Republican Pete Sessions: “We’re going to help them out, to explain themselves. We’re going to give them their day in court.” Sessions may be eating those words…
• Say what you will about Fred Thompson, but he’s realistic: jokes that he won’t win presidency.