– VH1’s Divas Live was a fairly lackluster affair last night short on highlights (and actual divas) but luckily Prof. Ciara was there to give a valuable lesson in Shutting It Down 101:
– Kelly Clarkson also turned in a performance of note (hitting every single one of them, thank you) with a (giant) new diamond ring on her finger. The original American Idol got engaged to boyfriend Brandon Blackstock on Saturday.
– The coroner who oversaw Amy Winehouse’s inquest has been deemed “underqualified” and a new hearing has been set for January 8.
– Kate Middleton stepped out last night after missing her last four public appearances thanks to some well-documented morning sickness. But David Beckham has been known to settle many a stomach in his day, hasn’t he?
– The old girl’s still got it. Madonna‘s nipple-baring, Russia-riling, Gaga-bashing MDNA Tour was the biggest tour of 2012, raking in over $228 million in 72 sold-out shows with over 1.5 million attendees. Lady Gaga‘s Born This Way Ball clocked in at a respectable but distant #6.
– The year in film in 7 minutes: