You know, besides the “having to work out” part.
For some gay men, the gym is part social calendar, part lifestyle requirement, and part de-stress-er. And while we love getting our regular endorphin rush, there are a number of things we absolutely detest about the gym. Or rather, gym culture.
• Locker room cruising (though we know this to be some gym-goers primary reason for even having a membership)
• Guys who, while watching TV on the elliptical, burst out into uncontrollable laughter
• People who do not wipe the sweat off the machines or mats they use
• Ultra-tight clothing on ultra-un-fit guys; ultra-revealing clothing (you know how short those shorts are) on anybody
• Trainers, whose career is to make people fit, that are the least fit people on the floor (do not tell me to do 50 more jumping jacks when you have a double chin and a spare tire)
• Trainers who treat their clients as sounding boards for their personal problems (who’s paying who here?)
• Chatty Cathys
• Anybody resembling this
Surely this little list doesn’t include some of your gym pet peeves. What are they?