ON OUR GAYDAR — News, notes, clicks, and quips from around the web.
• British activist Peter Tatchell claims Prime Minister Gordon Brown banned him from Downing Street’s Pride — ’cause Tatchell is all critical and stuff.
• By a margin of 312 votes, Al Franken (finally) declared winner of Minnesota’s U.S. Senate race.
• Are a pair of lesbians responsible for the food writing we know today?
• If some napkin math holds true, there are 400,000 gay professional athletes out there. So where are they?
• Speaking of activists, if you refused President Obama’s invitation to yesterday’s reception, is that malpractice?
• Gone from Grey’s, TR Knight heads to Broadway.
• Speculation over characters Shatterstar and Rictor in the X-Factor comic ends … with a kiss.
• GLAD is filing an amended complaint in its DOMA case sometime in late July, which means the government’s response won’t come until September.
• A handsome new hottie on 90210.