Sexting. For many, it’s a way of life.
A new study from Ansell, makers of LifeStyles® and SKYN® Condoms, has found that nearly 50% of millennials regularly sext and share x-rated pictures of themselves.
Over 3,000 millennials across the country participated in the survey, which asked detailed questions about their sex lives, including sexting practices, their frequency of orgasms, sex toy use, and more.
Here’s what researchers learned about millennials and technology:
- 48% of respondents say they sext at least once a week.
- 42% of guys say they send naked pictures at least once a week, and 50% say they receive naked pictures at least once a week.
- 30% of respondents say they have shared another person’s naked pictures without that person’s knowledge or consent.
Now, onto other sexual practices:
- 48% of guys say they typically have at least two orgasms per sexual encounter, compared to 44% of women.
- Condom users reported being more sexually satisfied, having more sex, and feeling more confident in the sack, as well as lasting longer during sex than non-condom users.
- 44% of respondents ages 30-34 say they use sex toys, compared to 34% of 25-29, and 22% ages 18-24.
So what’s the takeaway from all this?
According to sexologist Emily Morse, it’s no surprise that nearly half of millennials are sexting like crazy.
“Technology has become an integral part of how they date and communicate with partners,” she says. “Sexting can be seen as the modern day love letter, but when nude photos enter the equation, it can veer from harmless flirting to viral sharing.”
But, she cautions, “millennials should be aware that any pictures they send out could end up in the wrong hands, and this data drives that point home.”
How often do you sext with other people? Take our poll below.