Blackmailing Bisexual Congresswoman? … 2 Threats Against N.C. College Student … Photos of Value Voters
ON OUR GAYDAR — News, notes, clicks, and quips from around the web.
• Um, so married-with-kids Democratic Illinois Rep. Jan Schakowsky, a bisexual lady supposedly, was the target of a lesbian sexual affair blackmail plot by Turkish operatives? Scandal! But also, this means there’s a bi lady in Congress?
• A Guilford College student in North Carolina received two anti-gay death threats in one week. Now, what to do about it.
• It took Steven Pomie three years, but he’s finally admitted to brutally attacking Dwan Prince twice (and almost a third time) in a 2005 assault that left Prince partially paralyzed. In 2006, Pomie was convicted for first-degree assault and first-degree assault as a hate crime, but maintained his innocence. His conviction was overturned, though on re-trial it was Prince who wrote Pomie thanking him for the assault and wishing for leniency. Pomie is expected to receive just under eight years of mandatory jail time.
• PetSmart is a better shop to cruise guys … than Starbucks?
• It’s surprising how often Taylor Lautner is shirtless when you visit the Twilight set in Vancouver.
• We’re thoroughly enjoying this photo gallery from the Value Voters Summit.
• Fair Wisconsin wants a court to toss a lawsuit hoping to invalidate the state’s new domestic partnership law, which Wisconsin Family Action says violates a constitutional ban barring same-sex marriage.
• Christian Civic League of Maine chief Mike Heath, who’s been helping spearhead the fight against marriage there, resigns. Was he pushed out?
• A map-based guide to the National Equality March.
• Please stop nailing bags of condoms to trees in parks where guys are cruising. It’s, like, bad for the environment.
• Bishop Harry Jackson, the religious man leading the fight against D.C.’s gay marriage, kindly asks white conservatives to stop getting all racist-y towards the president.