Queerty is better as a member

Log in | Register
  STEAMED

Two Gay Men Dead After Visiting London Sauna

In the early hours of Saturday morning, three men collapsed in a popular gay London sauna, the Pleasuredrome. One man was pronounced dead at the scene while the other two men were rushed to a nearby hospital, where another man died.

Both men who died were in their 40s and police speculate that their deaths were drug-related. The third man, a 34-year-old, is expected to make a full recovery.

“The management and staff of Pleasuredrome Spa are shocked and deeply saddened by the tragic events of the weekend,” sauna managers said in a statement acquired by Gay Star News.

Pleasuredrome is open 24 hours and has a smoke-free and drug-free policy, though the incident follows a police warning that recent substance-related deaths could be related to a contaminated batch of drugs.

Photo: Fifth World Art

By:           Les Fabian Brathwaite
On:           Nov 1, 2012
Tagged: , ,

  • 6 Comments
    • Spike
      Spike

      Dead by GHB. The location, that being a sauna had nothing to do with it.

      Nov 1, 2012 at 11:43 am · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • Fitz
      Fitz

      If it was GHB, then the location might have paid a small roll. (dehydration). Not to mention being a meeting place where really fun stuff like that occurs?

      I don’t use any of those fancy man made substances, but I am not going to look down at my nose at them. They died. Their family has to deal with enough without us being pious.

      Nov 1, 2012 at 12:04 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • redcarpet
      redcarpet

      @Fitz: This.

      Nov 1, 2012 at 12:21 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • Tracy
      Tracy

      The ad of the sauna features Rogan Richards (a.k.a. Tristan Hamilton).

      Nov 1, 2012 at 12:46 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • Stache1
      Stache1

      I’ve done my share of umm…fun at those kind of places. You have to be responsible about all drugs but most definitely GHB . There’s a very fine line between fun and what they got. Of course like Fitz said it’s easy to get dehydrated with all those umm… distractions so any drug can be potentially lethal after a certain point.

      Nov 1, 2012 at 7:55 pm · @ReplyReply to this comment ·
    • kescasper
      kescasper

      Regarding the deaths which occur a lot in London on the gay scene because of drugs mainly because of G this is not an isolated incident and I wonder why they have reported it in such a big way when gay men are dropping down dead a lot in clubs and at home after indulging in the taking of narcotics. St Thomas’s hospital in Westminster will tell you that as irresponsible gay men overindulge especially at the weekends. This isnt news to anyone on the gay scene but it needs to stop and gay men need to grow up and stop behaving like children at a sweet shop. They died because of themselves. simple as that.

      Nov 3, 2012 at 4:40 am · @ReplyReply to this comment ·

    Add your Comment

    Queerty now requires you to log in to comment

    Please log in to add your comment.

    Need an account? Register It's free and easy.

  • POPULAR ON QUEERTY

    FOLLOW US
     



    GET QUEERTY'S DAILY NEWSLETTER


    FROM AROUND THE WEB

    Copyright 2014 Queerty, Inc.
    Follow Queerty at Queerty.com, twitter.com/queerty and facebook.com/queerty.